Dublin Airport is conveniently located approximately 10km north of Dublin City Centre, near the M50 and M1 motorways. You can get to and from the airport by bus, taxi, or car, and there are also services from nearby train stations. For a current list of all airlines and routes serving Dublin Airport, please visit: www.dublinairport.com/gns/flight-information/destinations-airlines.aspx
Transportation for Ireland
is your one-stop-shop for information about public ground transportation in Dublin including, taxis, Leap cards, Irish Rail and buses. Useful tools include interactive route maps and taxi fare estimators.
Leap Visitor Card
One of the best ways to travel around Dublin is by purchasing a Leap Visitor Card, which is a reusable, plastic smart card that can be used to pay for most public transport in and around Dublin and Cork. If you are familiar with the Oyster Card in London, OV Chipkaart in The Netherlands or Octopus Card in Hong Kong, it operates on the same principle.
Where can a LEAP Visitor card be used?
Leap Visitor Cards may be used on the following services
- Most city bus services in Dublin including all Dublin Bus (excluding tours) services, though not Aircoach
- Airlink 747 direct bus service from Dublin Airport to the City Centre and main transport hubs
- Most regional bus services within about 70km of Dublin including Bus ╔ireann services to/from Dublin
- Rail services within about a 25km radius of Dublin, including DART
- Luas (tram) services in Dublin
- City bus services in Cork (Bus ╔ireann Routes 201-232)
- Rail services from Cork to Cobh & Midleton
- City bus services in Galway (Bus ╔ireann Routes 401-410 and City Direct Routes 411-413)
- City bus services in Limerick (Bus ╔ireann Routes 301-306)
- Wexford Bus services on the Wexford-Dublin route and within Wexford town
The Leap Visitor Card takes you anywhere you want to go in the city and suburbs for the following time periods:
- 1 day (24 hours) - €10.00
- 3 days (72 hours) - €19.50
- 7 days (168 hours) - €40.00
Your chosen time period starts from the first time you use the card.
Buying and Topping Up
The Leap Visitor Card is currently available to buy from:
Dublin Airport (Suggested)
Dublin City Centre
- SPAR shops (T1 & T2 Arrivals)
- Discover Ireland Tourist Information Desks (T1 & T2 Arrivals)
- Dublin Airport Travel Information Desk (T1 Arrivals)
- Dublin Bus, 59 Upper O'Connell St.
- Discover Ireland Centre, 14 Upper O'Connell St.
- Visit Dublin Centre, 25 Suffolk St.
- Once you have a Leap Visitor Card, you can top-up with additional time periods (1, 3 or 7 days) for the prices shown above at any Leap Card payzone outlet in Dublin (up to a maximum of 5 times).
See more at: https://about.leapcard.ie/leap-visitor-card - sthash.JeW798Ip.dpuf
There is a public car park located below the CCD with 320 spaces and 8 disabled spaces, managed by Euro Car Parks
. Both cash and credit card payments are accepted.
Per Hour: €3.50
Per Day: €18.00
Evening Rate €10.00 (valid 18:00 to midnight)